About K.L. Evans
Welcome! My name is Karen L. Evans and I am one of twenty coaches at Frisco ISD. I was a classroom teacher for 13 years and completed my Masters in Educational Technology in 2002. August 2016 will begin my 15th year at Frisco ISD as a Digital Learning Coach (DLC).
As a Digital Learning Coach, I assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. Additionally, I conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Digital Learning Coach:
- Help develop a vision for technology and long-range planning.
- Actively participate in campus or district committees supporting digital initiatives
- Design, implement and support learning opportunities for teachers intended to build capacity and expertise in the use of instructional technology to support all learners.
- Promote Digital Learning Essentials infusing the five C’s into the FISD Big 3.
- Create, implement, and support curriculum promoting technology integration.
- Assist in the design, development, and analysis of technology-based curriculum resources.
- Plan, design and model effective digital-age learning environments.
- Actively participate in collaborative planning.
- Support teachers and students across grade levels K-12 in all content areas in the effective integration of technology in the classroom with the goal of reaching modification and redefinition in the SAMR model.
- Support teachers in their classrooms to promote the use of technology to support and enhance the curriculum, to accelerate instruction, and utilize assessments to make data-informed decisions.
- Coordinate campus projects, professional learning and programs throughout the year.
- As assigned, work with district C&I coordinators to help write curriculum and develop professional learning utilizing technology.
- Redefine learning by development and implementation of instructional technology integration models by inspiring classroom teachers, library media specialist, and instructional partners.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the District Improvement Plan and strategies contained therein, particularly those relating to digital learning.
- Share best practices in the use of instructional technology and promote the 5C’s (Critical Thinking, Collaboration Communication, Creativity and Citizenship).
- Consistently promote and model best digital learning practices in the classroom.
- Connect with educators and professionals to improve collaboration within the school, district and globally.
- Foster digital citizenship education with the goal of developing a positive digital lifestyle for all students and staff.
Please follow/visit some of my blogs/websites:
- Techie-Bytes, a technology related blog.
- LinkedIn profile
- Digital Blooms Wiki: Discover how technology may help meet the levels of Bloom's Taxonomy in your classroom and how Web 2.0 Apps may elevate your student's thinking to a higher level. This wiki showcases examples of ways educators in Frisco ISD have integrated technology into their curriculum to encompass all levels of the Bloom's Digital Taxonomy thinking skills.
- Web 2.0 Book Study - A staff development book study, Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms, by Will Richardson. Check us out, but please know, only invited participants may comment to the posts.